How is your weekend coming along everyone? It’s a long weekend here and I am spending most of my time at home, catching up on work. It’s been a long time since I have done a happening lately post, so here it is!
- First things first, this is the most beautiful thing that has happened recently. Few weeks ago, I got home a stray kitten. We made it a nice little cozy cardboard box bed, but it kept finding it’s way back onto my lap. You can read the entire story here.
- I also have been doing a bit of shopping for artefacts and mementos. Mr H wanted to pick some gifts for his friends, so we visited a culture shop called Suriti in Powai. I loved the stuff there so much, I picked up two colorful jewelry boxes and a glass flower vase for myself-
- I was able to catch up on the movie Dunkirk, just before it went out of theaters. It was a late night show and we decided on an impulse to go for it. I absolutely loved the movie. Some scenes are so brilliantly shot. Like the part where the ship is hit by the torpedo and the water starts to fill in the lower deck, all the soldiers are trapped. I felt like I was in there and was feeling so suffocated, I was fighting the urge to leave the theater mid way.
- I had set the goal of reading 20 books in the 2017 Goodreads Challenge, and was advancing pretty fast at the beginning of the year. Then around June, my reading reduced. I unsubscribed from the library, because I realized I wasn’t able to keep up with my reading. Now a few weeks ago, I started reading again. As of now, I have read 11 out of 20 books and I’m 1 book behind. Have to catch up soon!
- By now, you must be already aware of my other blog – Decoding Beauty. Do subscribe to the blog on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
- Mirror Work By Louise Hay – This is a book I had picked up sometime in November last year. I loved it so much, I gifted one copy to my cousin too. It has more to do with practicing Mirror Work than reading it. It is unlike anything I have ever done before. After that, I have attempted several times for a round 2, but gave up mid way. Now planning to do it simultaneously with my cousin, so we can encourage each other to complete. Will do a detailed post soon in the coming weeks.
This is about it from my side, hope you enjoyed the pictures and updates! Do stop by and say hi in the comments below!