Drawing with Sakura Gelly Roll Pens – Moonlight
Like I mentioned in my previous post, I bought Sakura Gelly Roll pens in the ‘Moonlight’ variant for drawing on dark/black paper. There are other variants also in different finishes available in Gelly roll pens like Metallic Gel Ink pen Glossy Ink pens to name a few. However, I haven’t tried any of those.
Coming back to this, here is a quick review about these pens.
About Sakura Gelly Roll Pens – Moonlight
Paint like effect. Luminous in Daylight. Glows under UV light.
- It gives a matte finish
- 10 pens – out of which 5 are florescent
- Supposedly glows in UV light
- Can be used on both dark and light paper
Price I bought it at a stationery store for 400 INR. However, on Amazon it is for about 450 INR. So you can expect to pay around 400-450 INR for these pens
My Experience Sakura Gelly Roll Pens – Moonlight
Even though I bought these pens a couple of weeks back, I could put them to use only a few days ago. So to try it out, I decided to draw a Mandala on black paper. I loved the smoothness of the pens. Makes it a delight to draw with. It is like painting with a pen. And that brings us to the fact that it does take a minute or two to dry. So if you’re not careful enough, you might end up smudging the ink as you’re drawing. It dries with a matte finish. Also, the tip is quite thick so it doesn’t make it the ideal pen for very intricate drawing.
This is how it looks on white and black paper:
What I loved about these pens
- Smoothly flowing ink – makes it a delight to draw with
- Opaque ink – makes it ideal for drawing on black/dark paper.
- Vibrant colours that pop out on black paper
- No bleed-through or feathering
What I did not like about these pens
- There is no white colored pen in this set. I had to buy it separately
- It takes about a minute or so for the ink to dry. If you’re not careful, you might accidentally smudge the ink.
- The tip is quite thick – so not recommended for very intricate drawings
To sum it up, the colors definitely look stunning on black paper and I would highly recommend it if you’re looking for something to draw on black!
Click here to buy it on Amazon